I would LOVE to visit your school, library, or business! I'm able to teach in small-group settings or present in front of a large group. My experience as a teacher and author lends itself to all sorts of lessons or presentations. I'm also able to adapt my lessons/ presentations to different ages.
Please contact me (button below--"Get in Touch") to discuss ideas and rates. I'm looking forward to speaking with you!
* creative writing -- three main genres
* Learn to Lie...and NOT Get Grounded: Writing Fiction -- kids
* Learn to Lie...and NOT Get Sued: Writing Fiction -- adults
* Wow! Bumpy! Gross! The Senses in Writing
* For Real with Nonfiction
* researching and writing children's nonfiction for the education market
* being a writer (all ages presentation)
* being a writer (PG-13 presentation)
* travel writing
My Teaching Experience
* Teaching Artist at The Loft Literary Center, Minneapolis
* keynote and presenter at various young writers' conferences
* licensed K-12 English as a Second Language (ESL) teacher and 7-12 Language Arts
* Minnesota Monthly
* WCCO 4 News at Noon
* KDHL Radio
* Faribault Daily News
"Lisa Bolt Simons was amazing--she had perfect classroom control and presence and got the students thinking outside of the box using their senses."
--adult comment at a Conference for
Young Writers, "Wow! Bumpy!
Gross! The Senses in Writing" session
"You're such a great presenter!"
--educator at a continuing education
session about writing books
"I liked it. It was cool. I thought it was going to be boring, but it was fun!"
--4th grader, school presentation For
Real with Nonfiction
You can send me a message; ask me a general question; or request to buy my books, so that I can sign them. Please use the button below.
I will do my best to get back to you as soon as I can!
Minnesota, United States