I'm optimistically booking school visits for the school year 2021 - 2022!
I also present at conferences and libraries!
I'm able to teach small groups or present in front of a large group; I can record the latter to be shown at your convenience. My experience as a teacher and author lends itself to all sorts of lessons or presentations. I'm also able to adapt my presentations to different ages.
Ideas are below, but please contact me, so that we can discuss what you're looking for!
I'm also open to workshops at businesses.
I look forward to meeting you!
* For Real with Nonfiction
* Learn to Lie...and NOT Get Grounded: Writing Fiction -- kids
* Learn to Lie...and NOT Get Sued: Writing Fiction -- adults
* Wow! Bumpy! Gross! The Senses in Writing
* Wings and Writing: Aviation as a Theme
* creative writing -- three main genres
* middle grade fiction
* middle grade fiction: writing about choices
* researching and writing children's nonfiction for the education market
* being a writer (all ages presentation)
* being a writer (PG-13 presentation)
* grammar refresher (or "Where does the stupid comma go?")
* Teaching Artist at The Loft Literary Center, Minneapolis
* retired educator with 25 years of experience--licensed K-12 English as a Second Language (ESL) teacher and 7-12 Language Arts (LA)
$1,000/day for up to four sessions (mileage, lodging, meals may be additional)
* the Midsouth Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) created a terrific list of ways schools can help fund author visits, ranging from service organizations to corporations to local businesses to Friends of the Library to grants; check it out:
$150 for a 45- to 60-minute presentation (can include a writing activity)
$150 for a 45- to 60-minute presentation to multiple grades (i.e. K-2, 3-5)
$50 for a 45- to 60-minute read-aloud with Q & A
* Multiple sessions will be offered a discount (up to four sessions a day)
"Lisa Bolt Simons was amazing. She had perfect classroom control and presence and got the students thinking outside of the box using their senses."
--adult comment at a Conference for
Young Writers, "Wow! Bumpy!
Gross! The Senses in Writing" session
"You're such a great presenter!"
--educator at a continuing education
session about writing books
"I liked it. It was cool. I thought it was going to be boring, but it was fun!"
--4th grader, school presentation For
Real with Nonfiction