I would LOVE to visit your school, library, or business virtually until we can be in person safely again!
I'm optimistically booking school visits for the school year 2021-2022!
I'm able to teach small groups or present in front of a large group; I can record the latter to be shown at your convenience. My experience as a teacher and author lends itself to all sorts of lessons or presentations. I'm also able to adapt my presentations to different ages.
Virtual rates through June 2021:
$100 for a 45- to 60-minute presentation (can include a writing activity)
$100 for a 45- to 60-minute presentation to multiple grades (i.e. K-2, 3-5)
$75 for a 45- to 60-minute read-aloud with Q & A
*Multiple sessions will be offered a discount (up to four sessions a day)
$1,000/day for up to four sessions (mileage, lodging, meals not included)
Please contact me, so that we can discuss what you're looking for in my presentation,
but ideas are below.
I'm looking forward to meeting you!
* creative writing -- three main genres
* middle grade fiction
* Learn to Lie...and NOT Get Grounded: Writing Fiction -- kids
* Learn to Lie...and NOT Get Sued: Writing Fiction -- adults
* Wow! Bumpy! Gross! The Senses in Writing
* For Real with Nonfiction
* researching and writing children's nonfiction for the education market
* being a writer (all ages presentation)
* being a writer (PG-13 presentation)
* Wings and Writing: Aviation as a Theme
* Teaching Artist at The Loft Literary Center, Minneapolis
* keynote and presenter at various young writers' conferences
* retired educator with 25 years of experience--licensed K-12 English as a Second Language (ESL) teacher and 7-12 Language Arts (LA)
"Lisa Bolt Simons was amazing--she had perfect classroom control and presence and got the students thinking outside of the box using their senses."
--adult comment at a Conference for
Young Writers, "Wow! Bumpy!
Gross! The Senses in Writing" session
"You're such a great presenter!"
--educator at a continuing education
session about writing books
"I liked it. It was cool. I thought it was going to be boring, but it was fun!"
--4th grader, school presentation For
Real with Nonfiction